Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Big One

Wow. It's been a crazy past few days. At our house we're thankfully back up and running with power and heat. The ground is still shaking. And shaking. And shaking. Who knows when that will stop. We're counting our lucky stars that we are safe and not suffering the devastation that so much of the rest of the country is in the midsts of. I hear the tsunami wave was "only" 18 feet high along the coast of Misawa and didn't get close to our house, although (from the rumblings I've heard) the fishing ports here and in Hachinohe are destroyed? I have no idea what the real damage is around here, but I'm sure we'll be finding out soon. I'm sure I'll be writing with updates soon.

I wrote my last post 2 days before all heck broke loose. To think that was just a little hiccup before the real thing...

5 comments:

GatorGirl said...

I'm glad you're ok! As soon as I heard about it, I checked here to see if you had posted anything. Hang in there :)

Emily said...

So glad you're ok!

kouiii said...

Glad to know you're ok! Remain safe, Patty. I've been following the news on the NHK channel, and the devastation is so heartbreaking...

Pete 'n Stephy said...

This has all been so crazy!!!! Feeling better knowing if a tsunami came there would probably be enough time to find high ground. I thought all the time the wave hit like minutes after the quake so I have been so scared!!! Hope you guys are snuggled in safe!

Unknown said...

Patty,
This is Sean. You and Corey came to my wedding about a year ago. So glad you are both ok. If you or Corey need anything just email me sldefoer@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you both soon when this calm down.