Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I feel like a kid on Christmas!

NEW CAMERA GEAR ALERT!!

I've been waiting for this load of goodies in unquenchable anticipation for a week, and it all arrived in one big bang today (much faster than I expected). I'm SO excited! Let me introduce you to Lou and Tonky:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Lou is a Canon 24-105mm f/4 IS L lens. That's right- my first L glass... yay! He will replace my kit lens as my main walk around go-to. His name implies that he is reliable and handy, all the while being fancy because his name starts with an L. His friend Tonky is a Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 wide angle lens. He's a little quirky and will be so much fun to play with, especially practicing grand, sweeping landscapes. His scope is intense!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
(This is the box my lenses were shipped in. I did not tear it apart in my eagerness to get my gear- that's how it was when I picked it up. I simply snipped the bits of tape that were holding it together. You can see how beat up the brand new lens boxes were in the photo above. Luckily, everything seems to be working fine, but I was scared for a few minutes.)

I also finally got some filters. 'Cause, you know, gotta have filters. They're not special enough for names.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then there's the icing on the cake, the object perched next to me like a beloved pet even as I write this (I may or may not be softly stroking the leather and singing it's praises in soft, gentle tones):
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

A new camera bag! This beauty is from Epihpanie- the Ginger model. I don't even have to come up with her name; Ginger was already complete from the moment I birthed her from her shipping box. I love her. She will make a cozy, safe home for Rufus the Rebel, Lou, Tonky, Harry (the 35mm I acquired from my Dad), and all of their accessory friends.

Here's the first picture I took with Lou:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

[What's all that going on in our house? Another topic for another time (namely sometime after Saturday). ]

No comments: