Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stanley

It's your birthday!!!!! YAY!!!!! Happy 24th!!

I love Stanley (aka Kristan). She's my best buddy in the world. We met in 7th/8th grade when my sister befriended her and brought her over to our house. Upon first meeting me, Stanley apparently thought I was mean and was afraid of me (she probably had good reason- I was in 8th grade, ok? I was soooo much cooler than those little 7th graders). Anyway, it didn't take long before the 3 of us were stuck to one another like glue, and it's pretty much stuck that way ever since.
Thankfully my pictures of our early years of friendship are at "home" in California or else they would be plastered all over this post so fast it wouldn't be funny. We were fairly odd teenagers (ok, let's face it, we're pretty odd adults too), so it's good we had eachother! We nurtured/devoted every ounce of attention to a very intense Backstreet Boys obsession, and along with that came countless concerts, several road trips, a Florida vacation, and MANY stalking opportunities (which we took full advantage of). In between those memories, we look back on the "missypants" days fondly and will always remember the pickle, Ikika the corn, and our special AMA outfits, all while hoping to never again run into the Prince of Hearts. 

We've since given up the days of weird New Year's Eve chants and jumping into pools fully clothed at midnight in the middle of winter (because apparently if you shout "We love the Backstreet Boys!" while doing it and get it on video, it proves you really are their #1 fans). We've grown from very strange children to slightly-less-strange grown ups, and seen eachother through many changes in life- jobs, relationships, school, family dramas, friend dramas, a marriage, etc. I can't get through more than a day or two without talking to Stanley. She's necessary. Absolutely necessary. Life would most definitely not be the same without her.

So, to my best friend, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love you so much, and thank you for being there for me all these years. I love you I love you I love you!!

P.S. Since I can't be there to celebrate with you this year, I'll send along a virtual delicious Roadhouse Tea (just don't have an allergic reaction and break out in hives all over your body and almost stop breathing ok? Cause that was scary.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me cry! What a wonderful birthday present! I miss you and I love you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you missypants!! (Have I ever told you that I call any little girls I watch missypants?!) =D

katherine said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Stanley!