Thursday, July 21, 2011

Castle Rock Hike

Yikes, I'm getting behind in my blogging. There are several topics I meant to post about, but it's not so fun to do it catch-up style so I think I'll just skip them. Today I'll go back to a hike I took with my friend Kristan ("Stanley" to me) last week.


We went to Castle Rock state park, which is maybe only a 20 minute drive or so from Santa Clara. Nice and close, yet a very fun and beautiful place! It's great for rock climbing, just as an fyi to anyone who might be into that.


The little trail we took was a 4 or 5 mile loop and led to some really great views. The weather was good enough (meaning not deathly hot which is all I can ask for this time of year).


It was great to spend time with Stanners and get outside. Good practice for all the hiking we plan to do on our upcoming Grand Canyon road trip!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

How have I never heard of this park? Looks like so much fun!! I LOVE that last picture... want to get together soon? Email me your schedule or something like that? :)