Sunday, May 3, 2009

My first time golfing

Yesterday we spent the day golfing with some friends. I had never played golf before (other than the miniature variety), and to be honest, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it very much. However, I actually had a lot of fun! I wasn't as terrible at it as I figured I would be. My very first swing was pure beauty- a beautiful shot straight down the fairway. It went a bit downhill from there, but I was fairly impressed with myself. 
The weather was BEAUTIFUL!! Warm without being too hot, gentle breeze throughout the day, and sunny. Parts of the golf course were really pretty and overlooked the lake. It was sooo nice to be outside in those conditions all day! We played 18 holes, which in my opinion, is about 9 holes too many. I like golf, but 18 holes is A LOT of golf. It took 5 and a half hours. We were TIRED by the time we got home. Here are a few more pics:
Later in the day our friends Nate and Kara invited us over for BBQ burgers and a game night, so we had a fun night of eating yummy food and playing Trivial Pursuit. They're cool peeps, and it was a great night.

Unfortunately, over the past few months of winter, I had forgotten what happens when I go out into direct sunlight. Thank god I bought a visor at the gift shop before we headed out to play golf. =(

7 comments:

GatorGirl said...

Ouch! That sunburn is gonna not feel so great in a couple days. Glad you had fun golfing!

Kimberly C. said...

Ooooo I so feel for you about that sunburn! That is what I look like almost anytime I spend 5 hours straight out in the sun....

katherine said...

I guess it's lobster season again! In my opinion 18 holes of golf in 18 holes too many. Glad you had fun though!

Marianne said...

Ack! That sunburn!!

Stefanie K. said...

Oh my goodness!! You poor thing with that sunburn! :(

Krisytan said...

Hahaha oh Kib. LOL. I was trying to find that picture of you from Florida, you know, the tomato picture. No luck. Anyway, I'm glad you had fun! That picture of you and Corey is all cute and matching! I love it!

Sofia Karg said...

I’m really glad to hear that you enjoyed your first golfing experience! Having your friends around for support (and to learn from) must definitely have made it more fun. Have you continued to play golf ever since?