Thursday, January 8, 2009

We made it!

We're in Misawa! We got here this afternoon after a very crazy flight connection that involved sprinting across SFO at top speed, getting onto our flight to Tokyo literally about 30 seconds before it pulled away from the gate, staying overnight in Tokyo and flighing up to Misawa today. Unfortunately our bags didn't make it, so they're still in San Francisco. It'll be a few days before we get them, which wouldn't be so bad if we had brought coats with us in our carry on- there's A LOT of snow on the ground and it's freaking cold!! Oh well!

This place is going to be very interesting. I would write about my first impressions, but Corey and I are both feeling fairly overwhelmed and jetlagged at the moment, so I'll wait until next time. I have access to the internet (in a separate internet room) at our military hotel thingymabob, so I'll be checking in and updating occasionally. For now, I'm going to sleep because I am freaking exhausted!

Sorry if this is rambling and makes no sense, but that's just about where my brain is right now. :)

I miss you all!!!

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Hooray!! Glad you made it in once piece.... well, you have all the important pieces, anyway! Hope you get those coats soon! :)

Keep us posted on your adjustment!

Stefanie K. said...

Yay! That's so awesome and exciting. I really can't believe that a week ago we had dinner, and now you're in Japan. Wow. And the stupid effing SMF to SFO flight change left your bags in SFO?! How ridiculous! I hate most agencies responsible for baggage handling and security in US airports. Like...hate them. I'm so excited to see a blog post from you from Japan! yay! Write more soon! Include pics! Have fun! Stay warm!!

Kaitlyn said...

Oh, so glad you made it safe. Best luck with you adjustment :)

I'm Steph said...

Yay! You made it! I'm so glad you got there safely. I hope you get your coats quick missy 'cuz from the pics I can picture you snowed in! Have fun adjusting and Sleep!

Kimberly C. said...

yay! so glad you made it!