Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting back in shape!

I've decided it is far beyond time that I start getting healthier and losing a bit of weight. I want to get back to running 4 miles a day and feeling more energetic and better about myself. The workouts are starting slow, but as long as I stay consistent, I feel confident I can be back to what I used to do before too long. We shall see. Today I ran 2 miles and walked another 1.5. 

My diet on the other hand- I'm trying something new this time! *drum roll please*... I'm actually practicing the art of moderation! I've always been a very "all or nothing" type of gal when it comes to my eating habits. I'm either eating whatever I want, whenever I want without any thought whatsoever, or I crash diet. This time around, I'm working on more sustainable habits. Eating very healthy with a few TINY little splurges. I'm recording my calories for a while to get a better grasp about foods' contents, and I'm also watching my nutrition to make sure I get enough of all the important stuff. Feeling good about it so far (but then again, I've only been doing it for a week...). We'll see how things go. 

It's kind of a cruddy time to be starting a new fitness regimen what with an international move coming up next month and lots of instability right now (not to mention all the holiday goodies around constantly), but hey- there's always an excuse not to start, right? 

Anyone else focusing on eating better, working out more, or generally increasing overall health? Any tips, motivations or anything else to share?

1 comment:

Stefanie K. said...

Hi there! You're been tagged on my blog! Play along if you'd like :)